Umidigi Bison GT2 looks more or less like a more premium variant of the Umidigi Bison X10S NFC. It features the same general design of the X10S NFC with a Storm Grey AG Matte Fiberglass finish and similar camera and button placements, but its more premium specs will leave the X10S NFC in the dust in terms of performance. Alongside the Umidigi Bison GT2 Pro, the Bison GT2 was the first set of smartphones from Umidigi to feature Android 12 out of the box.
Where to Buy UmiDigi Bison GT2
Jumia Nigeria | AliExpress | Jumia Kenya
Wondering the difference between the Umidigi Bison GT2 and the Bison GT2 Pro? In a nutshell, the GT2 comes in a Storm Grey AG Matte Fiberglass finish and has 128GB built-in storage, while the GT2 Pro features a Hack Black Industrial Rubber finish and 256GB built-in storage. That’s essentially it. They are both optimized for mobile gaming and successors of the Umidigi Bison GT.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Key Specs and Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (405 ppi density), 90 Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Android 12
- Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) Octa-core Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 24 MP Front Camera
- Underwater Camera
- Push to Talk (PTT)
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side Mounted)
- Face Unlock
- NFC Support
- Google Pay Support
- Two Customizable Buttons
- Built-in FM Antenna
- Infrared Thermometer
- Liquid Cooling System
- Rugged Build: IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G
- 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Umidigi Bison GT2 a mid-range rugged smartphone designed to support harsh environments with military grade toughness. It comes with IP68, IP69K, and MIL-STD-810G certification making it able to withstand survive falls of up to 1.8 meters.
With an IP68 rating and a design that is airtight and watertight this Umidigi Bison phone can survive up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters of water making underwater photography possible. This rating also means it can withstand dust and sand.
With IP69K rating the Umidigi Bison GT2 can also withstand steam at up to 100 bars (1450 psi) or water pressure and water temperatures of up to 80 ℃.
Aside the AG Matte fiberglass finish the corners are also reinforced with rubber cushions to reduce impact during falls. A lanyard hook is also provided.
Umidigi Bison GT2 features a display that is more premium than what we saw on the more affordable X10S/G series like the Bison X10S, Bison X10G, X10S NFC, and the X10G NFC.
You still get around the same 6.5-inch display, but a better quality one. The display features 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution and 20:9 aspect great for watching movies and browsing the web. The display also supports 90Hz refresh rate and up to 180Hz touch sampling rate making it great for gaming.
Umidigi Bison GT2 features a triple camera setup just like the X10S / G series, though the sensors are much better. It offers a 64 megapixels wide angle lens with an aperture of f/1.8, a 5 megapixels macro camera, and an 8 megapixels ultrawide camera with a 117° field of view and f/2.2 aperture.
In the front, you get an AI enhanced 24 megapixels camera with f/2.0 aperture for taking selfies and for Face Unlock.
The rear camera Panorama shots, face recognition, and HDR and has dual-LED flash. Both Cameras can record full HD videos.
Hardware and Software
Umidigi Bison GT2 runs Android 12 on a Mediatek Helio G95 (12nm) Octa-Core chipset. The chipset is built on a dual-cluster architecture with a dual-core Cortex-A76 processor clocked at 2.05GHz and hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.0GHz.
This Umidigi phone offers 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage. This should offer enough performance to make this android phone a decent gaming phone.
If you need more storage, the SIM2 slot is a hybrid slot that also doubles as a micrSD slot. The slot supports up to 512GB of additional storage via a memory card.
With a 6150 mAh battery built-in, this smartphone promises great battery stamina. It also features a fast charger with an 18W charging capacity.
For your active outdoor lifestyle, the Bison GT2 features the high precision Bosch Almeter and Barometer as well as other useful tools like Compass, Pedometer, Magnifier, Plumb bob, Protractor, Noise Test, Gradienter, etc.
The smartphone has a built-in FM antenna. This means you do not need to plug in a earphone to the headphone jack to listen to FM radio, which is more convenient. You still get a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, NFC, and Bluetooth 5.0.
It supports 4G LTE with dual 4G VoLTE and dual-Wi-Fi.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Price and Availability
Umidigi Bison GT2 price starts around $279.99 at leading online stores like AliExpress. The Bison GT2 is expected to cost around 159,000 Naira in Nigeria, 2,970 GHC in Ghana and 44,500 KSH in Kenya.
The android smartphone is currently available for purchase on leading retail stores like AliExpress and Jumia. It was launched in May, 2021.
You may also be interested in the Umidigi Bison GT2 5G and the Bison GT2 Pro 5G.
Umidigi Bison GT2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Umidigi Bison GT2:
- Platform: Android 12
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G96 (12 nm) Octa-core Processor (2.05 GHz dual-core Cortex-A76 and 2.0 GHz hexa-core Cortex-A55)
- GPU: ARM Mali G76 MC4, 900MHz
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Colours: Storm Gray
- Dimension: 172.2 x 83.9 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 280 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (405 ppi density), 90Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 82.8% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide-angle), f/1.8, PDAF, 81° FoV + 8 MP (ultra-wide angle), f/2.2 117° FoV + 5 MP (macro) F/2.4, 2.5cm, 88° FoV
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, HDR, Touch Focus, Night mode, Dual-LED Flash, Real-time Filters, Face detection, 1080p Full HD Videos
- Front Camera: 24 MP Camera, f/2.2, 1080p Ful HD Videos
- Built-in Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 2G Band: 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900)
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: WCDMA Bands: 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700), 5( 850), 6(800), 8(900), 19(800)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE-FDD Bands B1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 25 / 26 / 28A / 28B / B66, LTE-TDD Bands B34 / 38 / 39 / 40 / 41
- 5G: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, Micro USB Type-C 2.0 reversible connector, OTG
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (With Built-in Antenna, no need to connect headphone)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Google Pay)
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP68, IP69K, MIL-STD-810G
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 6150 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Charging Capacity