The Oppo A12 succeeds last year’s Oppo A11 with a package that tunes down performance, so much so that you can easily describe the A12 as a less premium variant of the A11 Oppo didn’t release last year. However, looking on the brighter side, you can also see this deployment as a strategy for offering a more affordable Android smartphone.
Where to Buy Oppo A12
If you’re in Nigeria or Kenya, you can buy Oppo A12 In AliExpress or Jumia.
Oppo A12 Key Specs & Features
- 6.22-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels (270 PPI)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), ColorOS 6.1
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 (12nm)
- 32GB / 64GB Inbuilt Storage, With SD-card Support
- 13MP + 2MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 5MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 4230mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The Design and Display
The Oppo A12 chassis design comes without any bells and whistles. It’s pretty much what would expect from a smartphone in this category. A design more than worth is offered here would have been regarded as exceptional.
On the rear of this smartphone are a dual rear camera, an LED flash, a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and the Oppo branding which indicates in an Oppo smartphone.
Upfront is a 6.22 inch IPS LCD display with a drop notch housing a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1520 and a screen density of 270 PPI.
Build properties on the Oppo A11 comprise of plastic on the rear, plastic on the frame, and glass upfront.
The camera departments fall short of what we saw on it, predecessors, it offers a lesser number of cameras, which means lesser features for photography. This fact is most evident in the rear camera department.
On the rear, we have a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 2MP depth camera with aperture of f/2.4. With these cameras you can shoot 1080p and 720p videos at 30fps. You have also got HDR and Panorama mode for photos.
Selfies on this smartphone are manned by a single 5MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. It offers HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo A12 takes to a lower scale, one which falls behind the entry-level mid-range category. The summary of the story here is that you won’t be doing power-intensive stuff with this hardware.
On-board this mobile phone is an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 processor, a PowerVR GE8320 graphics processing unit, options for either 3GB or 4GB, and also 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. Battery capacity was dropped from 5000mAh on the A11 to 4230 mAh on the A12.
On the software side, you have got ColorOS 6.1 user interface running on the Android 9.0 Pie.
The Oppo A12 features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C (2.0) port. It also features dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE, which means you won’t have access to 5G. Streams, uploads, and downloads can be done through 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE connections.
Oppo A12 Price and Availability
The Price of the Oppo A12 is around $142. In Nigeria 55,000 Naira, 15,251 KSH in Kenya, and 818 GHC in Ghana.
The Oppo A12 was announced in April 2020 and is currently available for purchase on leading online retail stores.
Oppo A12 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A12:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), ColorOS 6.1
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Black
- Dimension: 155.9 x 75.5 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.22-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels (270 PPI)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4230 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
What are your thought about Oppo A12? Let us know by Commenting On comment box below
Leave a Reply